Open Gym WE DON’T PROVIDE BASKETBALLS FOR OPEN GYM. PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN BALL.
NOTE: In order to play in open gym, you must fill out a new waiver and ALSO provide a picture ID. Please be advised that you will not be permitted to play in open gym without either:
- Valid driver’s license
- Valid state ID
- Picture ID from the school you currently attend (This is only valid with a parent/guardian’s valid picture ID.)
There is also a monthly membership available for $30/per month.
Open Gym – Basketball Rules
- Games are played 5 on 5 full court, first 10 players to show up get to play first game.
- Baskets count for 1 point, 20ft or longer shot counts for 2 points.
- First team to get to 15 points wins.
- Winning team of 1st game played gets to play against next team waiting. After that, each team whether they win or lose plays two games and then sits and waits in line for their next game.
- Players call their own fouls. No free throws, just take the ball out at top of key.
Children under 13 must be accompanied by an adult. For those that just want to shoot, 1 court will be reserved for open shooting if available.
Open Gym – 3 Point Shootout Rules
- Five racks of five balls will be placed around the 3 point line.
- Each shooter will have 70 seconds to get off as many of the 25 shots as possible.
- All shots must be taken with both feet behind the 3 point line.
- Each of the first four balls on the rack count for 1 point. The fifth ball counts for 2 points.
- Following the shooting, the shooter must collect and put all the balls back on the rack. If the shooter fails to do this they will be disqualified.
- Scores from the qualifying rounds do not carry over to the championship round.
- The person scoring the most points in the championship round will be declared the winner. In case of a tie the participants involved will shoot another round until a winner is decided.
Call ahead to reserve court time. Payment is needed to secure your reservation.
Open Gym Basketball Schedule (Subject To Change)
- Sundays – 12pm-9pm
- Mondays – 2pm-9pm
- Tuesdays – 2pm-9pm
- Wednesdays – 2pm-9pm
- Thursdays – 2pm-9pm
- Fridays – 2pm-9pm
- Saturdays – 9am-5pm
Call to confirm all open gym hours 219.465.1111
Each open gym session is $10 per person. Children 12 and under must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
Open Gym – Community Use
The Courts is the ideal location if you are looking for a place to host your volleyball, basketball, or tennis events. We also are the perfect place for birthday parties, lock-ins, church events, school events, etc. We have great food available in concessions, we also have a pro shop for your shopping needs, and we have plenty of seating and parking. Other community events are welcome, please Contact Us to reserve court space.